Construction Manager - Retail Stores
The Manger of Retail Store Construction will establish strategy, priorities, and allocate resources to support new store and remodel construction activities for Vera Bradley and will be responsible for ensuring timely completion and budget oversight. Will oversee the coordination of all store maintenance projects.
• Ensure Vera Bradley new store construction, expansions, and remodels are completed on schedule and within budget
• Continually look for ways to streamline the new store opening process; manage CER process and supplier relationships to ensure highest quality and competitive pricing
• Responsible for all phases of construction including selection of general contractors, securing contractor bids, monitoring all phases of construction, close out of job, etc.
• Build the timing, standards and scheduling for remodeling of Vera Bradley stores. Manage the roll out and execution of this plan. Ensure deadlines are communicated and manage related issues
• Perform new store site inspections to inspect construction progress, quality of work and compliance with lease and construction requirements
• Lead, manage and develop the store planning, construction and store maintenance team including the day to day business relationships with landlords, general contractors, vendors, suppliers, architects, consultants
• Collaborate with retail and creative teams to ensure their visions are incorporated into the store design process.; with store design team to plan and coordinate design and construction schedules, and with licensee as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or equivalent experience
• 5+ years retail or commercial construction and/or facilities management experience required; managing/supervising experience preferred
• Understanding of architectural drawings and blueprints, material/product durability, etc.
• Effective negotiating skills, exceptional organizational and prioritization skills
• Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office. Advanced Excel required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels of an organization; strong presentation skills
• Collaborative team player with ability to influence, lead and build productive cross-functional relationships
• Ability to assess industry trends and utilize industry knowledge to recommend best practices, identify new solutions, products or services. High level of analytical thinking.
• Ability to travel frequently, including overnight travel (50% of time)
Back to top