FUNCTIONAssist with the Company’s internal and external communications strategy by drafting and appropriately disseminating company-related news and information to employees, sales team members and retail partners. Internship term is December 1, 2016 – August 30, 2017, with the possibility of full time employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Draft, edit and disseminate internal and external communications for sales updates, corporate initiatives, announcements, events and activities
- Ensure communications are clear, accurate, strategic, creative, and consistent with the Company’s brand standards and aligned with the corporate vision
- Assist with maintenance of the Company’s intranet, The Thread, ensuring it complies with Company brand standards
- Assist with corporate video shoot planning and production
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Graduate. Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or a related field preferred.
- Previous internship or office experience preferred
- Portfolio or writing samples required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization and follow-through skills
- Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Creative thinker
- Strong PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office software
- MAC platform experience with Photoshop a plus
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment. Utilizing an office desk – sitting, reading, listening, or speaking with the ability to move intermittently throughout the day
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
- Ability to operate office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, and phones
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Vera Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
Vera Bradley’s Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policy
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in Spanish)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (Supplement)
E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment application process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] Please include the accommodation you are requesting and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation and other EEO/Affirmative Action issues will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top