The Buyer is responsible for managing and negotiating procurement agreements and sourcing various materials/services within specified areas of responsibility. This position will review and have responsibility for an assortment of cross- functional purchase requisitions across multiple business units; investigating and developing sources of supplies, preparing bid specifications; issuing bid requests and reviewing quotes. Will manage vendor interactions and be accountable for ensuring the best combination of quality, service and price to meet the business plan and budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Source, procure and manage the procurement process within the specified areas of responsibility as required to meet the creative and operational requirements requested by internal business partners
- Build and maintain supplier relationships with the objective of maximizing value to the business, eliminating inefficiencies throughout the procurement cycle, and driving innovation in business processes
- Evaluate new sourcing opportunities and identify process improvements to enhance business operating models and/or reduce overall expenditures
- Research new materials, trends or developments within assigned areas of responsibility to make appropriate buying decisions
- Negotiate pricing and evaluate supply chain requirements to establish applicable cost standards for inventoried finished goods
- Direct RFP process and collaborate with internal departments on making decisions for product design and vendor selection
- Manage inventory levels and carrying costs of identified materials within area of responsibility. Provide financial support to help in inventory review and collective decision making process
- Manage material and purchasing specifications; ensure accuracy of cost, unit of measure, and master data for item numbers
- Support procurement and inventory control efforts to optimize inventory levels and minimize total supply cost
- Perform and support other procurement responsibilities as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Business, Operations, Supply Chain
- 4+ years of progressive purchasing, supply chain management or related experience required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office software required. SAP experience strongly preferred
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong organization and follow through skills
- Proficiency in complex negotiations, contract management, and strategic sourcing process.
- Must be able to analyses and present data in an organized, clear, and concise manner
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain good rapport with internal and external customers handling situations with confidence, tact and resourcefulness
- Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Strong team player with positive demeanor
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office and warehouse environments – ability to move intermittently throughout the day with walking, standing, bending, and reaching.
- Ability to occasionally lift or move up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to operate office equipment and light warehouse equipment.
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Vera Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment application process, please send an e-mail to [email protected]. Please include the accommodation you are requesting and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation and other EEO/Affirmative Action issues will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top