FUNCTIONSupport the creation of product that aligns with the new Vera Bradley brand aesthetic. Partner with the Design team to execute seasonal design concepts from conception to first prototype and supports cross-functional teams for presentation and research purposes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support the creation of sketches and product prototypes with internal sample room throughout the conceptual design process.
- Create full scale drawings for each design under direction of senior team members.
- Assist designing of new hardware, as directed.
- Responsible for timeline adherence; support accurate completion of Design Cards and ensure delivery to Product Development in a timely manner.
- Assist in creation of technical spec packages with all dimensions and information in order to clearly communicate design intent and allow for realization of a fully correct sample.
- Assist with preparation of seasonal and milestone presentations; ensure all prototypes are available for product presentations; assist in preparation of meetings.
- Create and manage seasonal palette in Flex for team collections. Liaise with MD and PD to communicate concept and seasonal material needs, and to submit material requests during development phase.
- Execute full line in CAD form (along with Print and Design assistants) for presentation to Merchants and Planning partners at Sketch review phase.
- Create and maintain CAD wall (showing line overview) and upload and update thumbnails in Flex throughout the season.
- Participate in research of seasonal and collection trends; support development of new silhouettes for consideration by senior team members.
- Work with Print team for application of seasonal print / graphics, and submit CAD requests.
- Additional projects, as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate required, bachelor’s degree in in fashion apparel / textile design or related field preferred
- 1-2 years experience in accessory product design.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team player with positive demeanor; comfortable working with multiple functional areas
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage time effectively
- Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and follow through skills
- Basic problem solving skills with the ability to apply proven solutions
- Strong hand-sketching and artistic ability, with advanced level CAD skills required.
- Basic understanding of the design development process.
- Strong presentation skills
- Extremely well informed as to current market trends and relevant competitor data, with ability to extract information and apply to brand categories.
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment. Utilizing an office desk – sitting, reading, listening, or speaking with the ability to move intermittently throughout the day.
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity.
- Ability to operate office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, and phones.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Vera Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
Vera Bradley’s Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policy
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in Spanish)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (Supplement)
E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment application process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] Please include the accommodation you are requesting and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation and other EEO/Affirmative Action issues will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top