Accounts Payable Representative
Assist with the overall Cash Disbursements process including, but not limited to, daily processing of invoices, reviewing employee expense reports, resolving discrepancies, and recommending process improvement changes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for processing invoices within terms and obtaining proper authorization
- Work directly with outside vendors and internal departments concerning invoice and payment discrepancies
- Assist with processing weekly check, ACH, and wire payments
- Review and distribute all items in the A/P general mailbox daily
- Periodically review vendor master and verify all applicable vendors have W9’s on file
- Contact vendors to update payment methods to ACH Weekly filing of non-electronic vendor invoices, payment remittance copies, and other documentation as needed.
- Assist with reviewing and ensuring resolution of unmatched receivers to invoices
- Assist with monthly and yearly reconciliations
- Assist with year-end processes which includes timely mailing of 1099’s
- Ensure proper coding of invoices for compliance with State Sales and Use Tax regulations
- Assist with reviewing and processing monthly corporate credit card statements and weekly expense reports
- Recommend procedure and process improvement changes to Senior Shared Services Representatives in relation to invoice processing and expense reports
- Assist with other Shared Services projects as needed
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Graduate. Associates degree in accounting preferred
- 1-3 years progressive accounts payable experience preferred
- Experience with fully integrated ERP solutions such as SAP preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office software
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain good rapport with internal and external customers and handle situations with confidence, tact and resourcefulness
- Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced office environment
- Strong team player
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment. Utilizing an office desk – sitting, reading, listening, or speaking with the ability to move intermittently throughout the day.
- Must have the ability to sit at a desk for long periods of time entering data into a PC
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
- Ability to operate office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, and phones
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Vera Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
Vera Bradley’s Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policy
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in Spanish)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (Supplement)
E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment application process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] Please include the accommodation you are requesting and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation and other EEO/Affirmative Action issues will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Vera Bradley's Employees
Assistant Store Manager, Jefferson Pointe
Natalie's first priority is always the customer. As an assistant store manager, she loves to help them discover all of Vera Bradley's new collections that will satisfy their fashion wants and needs.
Back to top