Venture For America 2017 Fellowship
WHO WE ARE:
Venture for America is a fellowship program for recent grads who want to learn how to build a business while making an impact. VFA Fellows get training and join a startup in an emerging US city, where they live and work for two years at one of our hundreds of partner companies. They learn hands-on what it takes to build a company, while getting the mentorship, network, and ongoing support to prepare themselves to become successful entrepreneurs. Our goal is to spark job growth in cities that need it by sending our top talent to help grow the businesses that will make it happen.
- To revitalize American cities and communities through entrepreneurship.
- To enable our best and brightest to create new opportunities for themselves and others.
- To restore the culture of achievement to include value-creation, risk & reward, and the common good.
THE FELLOWSHIP EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
- A great startup job. Get access to hundreds of vetted opportunities at our partner startups and find your team fit.
- World-class training. Attend a rigorous five-week training program that includes multi-day workshops, group and individual challenges, and includes sessions led by Flatiron School, IDEO, McKinsey, and noteworthy entrepreneurs and investors.
- A close-knit network. Join a community of talented peers, mentors, and advisors that includes experienced entrepreneurs and industry experts.
- Skills development. Follow a robust two-year curriculum with opportunities for ongoing skill and character development, along with events and programs to keep you plugged into the Fellow network.
- Access to capital. Launch projects or ventures of your own using resources such as the $100K VFA Seed Fund, our investor council, or our $50K Innovation fund for pro-social projects and businesses.
ALUMNI HAVE ACCESS TO:
- The VFA Seed Fund: Access to $100K+ in investment annually for launching Fellow-led companies.
- VFA Accelerator: Resources to help Fellow Founders refine their business models, prepare for meetings with outside investors, and launch their business the right way.
- VFA Investment Council: A group of 10+ third-party angel investors who invest in Fellow ventures.
- VFA Alumni Network: Opportunities to stay connected through alumni boards, events, on-campus recruitment, mentoring younger Fellows, and more.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A college senior or recent grad of any major or academic background.
- High-character and gritty with founder potential and the ability to contribute to a startup.
- Fired up about the opportunity to help build an early stage company in one of our cities.
HOW TO APPLY:
You must apply online at apply.ventureforamerica.org by the deadline:
2017 Early Admission Application Deadline:
Back to top