Summer 2017 Internship
- A high-achieving college student in any major and any year.
- Someone who has had one or more previous internships or other professional experience.
- Open to challenges and a high level of responsibility; you’re an ambitious self-starter with exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A team player who feels that no task is too small. You’re ready to fix A/V problems, take out the trash after events, and generally do whatever it takes to keep Training Camp running seamlessly.
- An excellent communicator who can represent VFA professionally while interacting with Fellows, high-level supporters, and other Training Camp guests.
- Strongly aligned with VFA’s values and excited about our mission.
What you'll do:
- Work full-time in Providence, RI from June 18 - July 21, and from VFA’s headquarters in New York City before (May 30 - June 17) and after Training Camp (July 22 - August 4).
- Be part of the core team managing daily operations at Training Camp, including the schedule and other logistics.
- Work closely with one of the following teams where you’ll manage at least one major project that will serve as the capstone of your internship: Marketing, Talent, Programs: Guest Experience, Programs: Fellow Experience, Development
- Serve as a capable utility player. You’ll do everything from preparing materials for training sessions to working with outside vendors to setting up spaces for events.
- Be a resource for Fellows and plan activities to enhance their experience.
The Good Stuff
- The VFAmily: we have a fun, tightly-knit team culture (a must to live together in Providence for five weeks!), and you’ll have an opportunity to make a real impact over the course of the summer.
- The substantive, marketable experience: we treat our interns like VFA team members. We’ll give you tons of responsibility from day one, and the more you rise to the occasion the more we’ll have you take on.
- The inside scoop: you’ll have a front-row seat to a premier entrepreneurship training program, and will have the opportunity to regularly sit in on trainings.
- The network: our past interns tell us that the best part of this internship is getting to know VFA Fellows, alumni, and supporters.
- The perks: we offer all interns a $1,500 stipend, and we’ll cover your room, board, and travel expenses while at Training Camp (you’ll secure your own housing while in NYC).
Meet Some of Venture For America's Employees
Senior Marketing Manager
Megan and her team maintain VFA’s website and social media, create marketing materials for donors and prospective applicants, and effectively communicate current fellows' stories.
Back to top