Spring 2017 Internship
We’re currently seeking motivated, passionate college students to join our team at VFA HQ for the spring of 2017. If you’re a talented go-getter with an interest in entrepreneurship, the Venture for America internship program (#InternsforAmerica) is a great opportunity to get hands-on experience at a high-growth, mission-driven nonprofit startup.
Please reach out to [email protected] with any questions!
- Are a current student at an NYC-area college or university, in any major
- Welcome challenges and responsibility; you’re an ambitious self-starter who’s reliable and conscientious
- Demonstrate next-level organizational skills and attention to detail
- Give everything 10% more than it requires, and feel there is no task too small
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills on the phone, over email, and in person
- Have strong values alignment with VFA and are excited about our mission
What you'll do:
- Work 10-20 hours a week at our Manhattan office
- Pitch in on all major events and organizational priorities, from recruiting and selecting our next class of rock star Fellows to planning major events
- Work closely with one department at VFA (see below!) – we’ll help you determine the best fit for your interests and skill set
- Manage at least one major project that will serve as the capstone of your internship – again, we’ll help you figure this out
VFA departments hiring interns:
- The Talent team is responsible for building a class of the most talented, interesting, and high-character Fellows we can find by doing on-campus recruitment and executing our rigorous selection process. We’re looking for someone to help scale our processes year over year by conducting significant market research to help shape the future of our recruitment and selection machine while simultaneously assisting with day to day coordination and execution.
- The Marketing team handles everything related to the VFA brand and helps amplify our message to the right audiences. We’re looking for someone to help manage our website and blog, assist with PR efforts, and create awesome, on-brand content for VFA. Desire to pitch in on photo, video, or design work is also a huge plus!
- The Launch team works within the Programs department to help Fellows access the capital and mentorship they need to start and grow successful companies. We’re looking for an intern to contribute to initiatives such as a crowdfunding competition, seed fund, accelerator and angel group.
- The Programs team runs the ongoing training, job support, and skill development opportunities that transform our Fellows into value creation machines, beginning with our summer Training Camp. We’re looking for someone to help with all aspects of preparing for Training Camp, building out curriculum and schedules, networking with trainers, and interacting with newly accepted Fellows to help them gear up for their summer in Providence.
The good stuff:
- The VFAmily: we have a fun, social office culture, and you’ll have an opportunity to make a real impact on a small but growing team.
- The inside scoop: you’ll get a front row seat to the VFA Fellowship program and the recruitment and selection of our 2017 class.
- The substantive, marketable experience: we treat our interns like VFA team members. We’ll give you lots of responsibility from day one, and the more you rise to the occasion the more we’ll have you take on.
- The network and expertise: we’re pros when it comes to applying and interviewing for jobs and have an extensive network of partners and supporters. If you’re great, we can be a career resource for you down the line.
- The perks: we offer a $500 stipend and plenty of free coffee and snacks.
Back to top