Venture for America is a nonprofit startup that recruits, selects, and trains highly talented recent college grads, places them at startups in emerging US cities for two years of hands-on experience, and provides them with access to the network and resources to become company builders and job creators. The Fellowship is highly selective, as is our team, and we’re looking for people who can jump in and make a huge impact.
We're currently seeking a capable and detail-oriented office manager who's excited to make VFA a better and more efficient organization, streamlining and taking ownership of a wide array of processes. As Operations Associate, you'll report to the operations department, but occasionally provide cross-functional support to other departments. This is a great opportunity for either an entry-level candidate or an office manager with a couple years of experience to learn a lot about how startups and nonprofits work and to make a significant impact on a growing team.
- Are happiest supporting others
- Are exceptionally organized, naturally prefer neatness, and are very detail-oriented -- you can multitask without dropping anything, and never miss a deadline
- Demonstrate next-level communication skills, and are adept at balancing multiple people’s needs
- Are a natural problem-solver, have a mind for process and logistics, and can think through every aspect of a problem while developing a solution
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and take initiative to solve problems before being asked
- Are tech savvy, comfortable working in the cloud, and eager to learn about new productivity tools
- Have a B.A./B.S. and 1-3 years of experience managing administrative processes or office management
What you'll do
- Own the office management domain, and tackle daily tasks like inventory and ordering, mailings and shipping, reception, etc.
- Meticulously document processes and policies -- you’ll literally write the book on admin practices at VFA
- Serve as a capable mini-IT department, helping team members with things like printers, internet, phones, etc. You'll also assist with access to and basic maintenance of various software platforms, including our CRM (Salesforce)
- Support the VFA team over the summer at Training Camp (our professional development program for incoming Fellows) which could include living with us in Providence, RI for up to five weeks and assisting with logistics and planning
- Help out with fun team-building activities, including small anniversary and birthday celebrations, as well as occasional team outings
- Identify process gaps and consistently find ways to make VFA a more organized and efficient organization
The good stuff
- High performers at VFA are given substantial opportunity to grow and develop
- You’ll earn a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, plus health, dental, and vision benefits
- VFA is a dynamic startup environment with varied responsibilities and a different challenge each day (we mean it – always plenty of interesting problems to work on!)
- You’ll work alongside a team of crazy motivated, high-caliber people
- You’ll suddenly have less trouble getting out of bed and going to work in the morning
Back to top