Venture for America is a nonprofit startup that recruits, selects, and trains highly talented recent college grads, places them at startups in emerging US cities for two years of front-lines experience, and provides them with access to the network and resources to become company builders and job creators. The Fellowship is highly selective, as is our team, and we’re looking for people who can jump in and make a huge impact.
We’re currently seeking motivated, passionate college students to join our team at VFA HQ for the fall of 2017. If you’re a talented go-getter with an interest in entrepreneurship, the Venture for America internship program (#InternsforAmerica) is a great opportunity to get hands-on experience at a high-growth, mission-driven nonprofit startup.
The Marketing team handles everything related to the VFA brand and helps amplify our message to the right audiences. We’re looking for someone to help manage our website and blog, assist with PR efforts, and create awesome, on-brand content for VFA. Desire to pitch in on photo, video, or design work is also a huge plus!
- Are a current student at an NYC-area college or university, in any major
- Welcome challenges and responsibility; you’re an ambitious self-starter who’s reliable and conscientious
- Demonstrate next-level organizational skills and attention to detail
- Give everything 10% more than it requires, and feel there is no task too small
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills on the phone, over email, and in person
- Have strong values alignment with VFA and are excited about our mission
What you'll do
- Work 10-20 hours a week at our Manhattan office
- Pitch in on all major events and organizational priorities, focusing primarily on the needs of the Marketing department
- Manage at least one major project that will serve as the capstone of your internship – again, we’ll help you figure this out
The Good Stuff
- The VFAmily: we have a fun, social office culture, and you’ll have an opportunity to make a real impact on a small but growing team.
- The inside scoop: you’ll get a front row seat to the VFA Fellowship program and the recruitment and selection of our 2017 class.
- The substantive, marketable experience: we treat our interns like VFA team members. We’ll give you lots of responsibility from day one, and the more you rise to the occasion the more we’ll have you take on.
- The network and expertise: we’re pros when it comes to applying and interviewing for jobs and have an extensive network of partners and supporters. If you’re great, we can be a career resource for you down the line.
- The perks: we offer a small stipend to cover your travel costs, free coffee and snacks, and frequent team lunches.
Back to top