Venture for America is a nonprofit startup that recruits, selects, and trains highly talented recent college grads, places them at startups in emerging US cities for two years of front-lines experience, and provides them with access to the network and resources to become company builders and job creators. The Fellowship is highly selective, as is our team, and we’re looking for people who can jump in and make a huge impact.
We’re currently seeking motivated, passionate college students to join our team at VFA HQ for the fall of 2017. If you’re a talented go-getter with an interest in entrepreneurship, the Venture for America internship program (#InternsforAmerica) is a great opportunity to get hands-on experience at a high-growth, mission-driven nonprofit startup.
Venture for America’s Launch team works within the Programs department to help Fellows access the capital and mentorship they need to start and grow successful companies. We’re looking for an intern to contribute to initiatives such as a crowdfunding competition, seed fund, accelerator and angel group.
- Are a current student at an NYC-area college or university, in any major
- Welcome challenges and responsibility; you’re an ambitious self-starter who’s reliable and conscientious
- Demonstrate next-level organizational skills and attention to detail
- Give everything 10% more than it requires, and feel there is no task too small
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills on the phone, over email, and in person
- Have strong values alignment with VFA and are excited about our mission
What you'll do
- Improve data collection and analysis on all metrics related to Fellow founders and their companies
- Expand resources available to Fellow founders by advancing partnerships with the brands, tools and platforms that founders need to be successful
- Research and craft outreach to investors and founders in NYC and VFA markets
- Build pipeline and craft outreach to potential partners
- Coordinate ideation sessions for Fellows
- Manage at least one major project that will serve as the capstone of your internship
The Good Stuff
- The VFAmily: we have a fun, social office culture, and you’ll have an opportunity to make a real impact on a small but growing team.
- The inside scoop: you’ll get a front row seat to the VFA Fellowship program and the recruitment and selection of our 2017 class.
- The substantive, marketable experience: we treat our interns like VFA team members. We’ll give you lots of responsibility from day one, and the more you rise to the occasion the more we’ll have you take on.
- The network and expertise: we’re pros when it comes to applying and interviewing for jobs and have an extensive network of partners and supporters. If you’re great, we can be a career resource for you down the line.
- The perks: we offer a $500 stipend, free coffee and snacks, and frequent team lunches.
Back to top