We all love what we do, and we all love doing it together, because we demand the best people to make the best Venmo.
Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the foreboding walls of financial transactions to make them intuitive and even fun with friends. And it worked, people love sending money with Venmo.
But we’re not done. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place you use your money. We want to connect the people of the world with their money, in an intuitive way, then connect them with each other in a genuine way.
All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together.
Engineering at Venmo
At Venmo, we are creating a product that people love. We strive to create a delightful user experience while connecting the world and empowering people through payments. We are looking for intellectually curious people who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world.
Engineering is a craft, and at Venmo we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing. We spend our days scaling our infrastructure and building new features to meet and exceed our user’s needs and wants. We teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests.
As a Web Engineer at Venmo you will be responsible for making engineering design decisions and developing features pertaining to the frontend. You will also be expected to be a role model on coding standards, tools, platforms and other best practices for the web team. Specific responsibilities include:
Things you'll do as a Web Engineer at Venmo:
- Leading the design and development of frontend features and components
- Scaling the frontend architecture and codebase to support growth while keeping the Venmo websites fast and reliable
- Reducing the level of technical debt of the web codebase
- Help triage bugs, track software defects, and ensure their timely resolution
- Stewarding technical standards and quality
- Interface with product and other functional teams and their leadership
What we are looking for:
- Bachelors and/or Masters in computer science OR related field of study
- 6+ years experience in software development or a related field
- Experience working on complex frontend applications using technologies such as React, Redux, ES6, Express
- Experience building and deploying complex but well architected, maintainable, and testable application frontends
- Experience with error logging and performance tools such (Sentry, New Relic, etc.)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to understand and explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
Back to top