Technical Product & Operations Analyst
We all love what we do, and we all love doing it together, because we demand the best people to make the best Venmo.
Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the foreboding walls of financial transactions to make them intuitive and even fun with friends. And it worked, people love sending money with Venmo.
But we’re not done. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place you use your money. We want to connect the people of the world with their money, in an intuitive way, then connect them with each other in a genuine way.
All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together.
Data Analytics at Venmo
Analytics plays a crucial role across Venmo. We approach problems inquisitively and with a desire to find solutions in our data. We believe that Analytics should drive business decisions across the company in order to keep our product simple, joyful, and delightful.
Venmo is looking for a curious, proactive, and organized analyst to work collaboratively with the product and operations teams. You should be “full-stack”; equally capable of writing ETL in Python as well as working analytically in Excel. As a member of the Analytics team, you’ll drive critical business decisions, build out our analytical capabilities, and work on perplexing problems. You’ll help to improve the business operations process, customer service operations, and fraud detection. You’ll become a thought leader, and an integral part in a company that makes payments fun.
Problems you might work on as part of the Analytics team:
- Analyze where potential users drop off in the signup flow
- Build a model to detect outlier and unusual events
- Work with customer service to understand and optimize their operations
- Model the lifetime value of our users
- Develop models to understand and combat fraud
- Write ETL to aggregate data out of disparate sources
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years experience in an analytical or technical role
- SQL guru, experienced in Python (knowledge of Django and Redshift are a plus)
- Very detail oriented
- Bachelors in a technical discipline, Masters a plus
- Desire to apply novel technologies to solve analytical conundrums
Back to top