We’re looking for a recruiting utility player in Chicago or New York (open to either). The ideal candidate is someone who understands the competitive nature of this market and is unafraid to apply creative approaches to recruiting for both business and technical functions. With a non-stop curiosity, business-acumen, and a drive to win, this recruiting specialist will work with the engineering and product teams of Venmo, sourcing and helping as needed. Venmo is a talent-driven company seeking to revolutionize the world’s interaction with payments. We want a team player ready to jump in and tell that story to our candidates, with attention to detail a keen ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Work with an “all hands on deck” mentality, bringing a consistent pipeline to hiring managers across the business, with specific focus on growing our support team.
- Consistently work with hiring managers to ensure team and interviewer preparedness during the onsite interview process and that interviews are conducted efficiently and professionally.
- Manage candidate process and be a candidate ambassador. Determine skill level, manage offer process, including offer negotiation, offer letter generation and offer acceptance/declines.
- Creatively source candidates through networking, referrals, events, and other out-of-the-box sourcing ideas.
- Continuously and consistently communicate with hiring managers, providing data-driven strategic insight that will help evolve the hiring process.
- follow-up and provide strategic insight to hiring managers in an effort to confirm staffing plans and ensure that candidates needs are met.
- Collaborate with other recruiters and coordinators to bring the best candidate experience for the folks we meet and an insanely high bar for talent coming in the door.
- Provide data to your day-to-day, helping create a communication that is both art and science for the sake of internal and external stakeholders, learning tools and systems that get us the data we need.
- Assist with the implementation of our summer internship program, helping coordinate onsite events as needed.
- Act as community ambassador.
- 5+ years experience in a fast-paced environment implementing a wide range of recruiting tactics and programs; ability to grasp new technologies.
- Ability to build strong relationships, manage expectations and execution for both candidates and hiring managers.
- Ability to work in the business world, understanding Venmo’s tech stack FOR REAL not just in buzzwords alone.
- Flexibility to go where the needs are in the business, whether they’re supporting the Venmo or PayPal business.
- Previous experience at a high-growth, fast-paced company STRONGLY preferred.
- Ability to roll with the changes that inevitably play out in a fast-growing company.
- Problem-solving mindset with the ability to work with a sense of urgency at all times.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy.
- Experience with an applicant tracking system.
- Previous experience working through a full recruiting cycle.
- Multi-tasking wizard.
- Must play well with others.
- BA/BS degree.
Back to top