Senior Security Engineer
Why work at Venmo
We are connecting the world and empowering people through payments. Our app makes moving money simple, makes an awkward conversation a fun experience and changes our users' lives for the better. We want a place on your phone's home screen and we work everyday to ensure we earn that honor.
On the inside, we are teeming with talent. We believe that innovation is fostered in an environment that values intellectual curiosity and the joy of learning. Our team is made up of thinkers, idealists, and high-energy yes-we-can-ers who have found an app and a workplace that we love. Fueled by Kind bars and green tea (and plenty of other healthy snacks), we are looking for people who challenge us, inspire us, and want to problem solve with us. In a phrase: we are looking for people to come and Venmo with us.
Information Security at Venmo
We are seeking an intelligent and motivated security engineer to join Venmo’s Information Security team. Our ideal candidate is excited about the opportunity to innovate on the cutting edge of secure mobile and cloud services through deep technical security knowledge and a solid work ethic. In this role, you will report directly to the Manager of Information Security and Compliance and work directly with other business units as a subject matter expert on all thing relating to information security, both infrastructure, and application. A typical day might include identifying a potential application vulnerability, building and responding to security alerts, or working with our Product and technical teams to securely design a new platform feature. You’ll be managing our growing suite of advanced tools and identifying opportunities for improvements in our mobile and cloud platform. If you are up to the challenge and want to join our front line make moving money simple, please contact us immediately.
- Assist Manager of Information Security on all application and network security activities
- Evaluate, design, deploy, support, and monitor information security systems
- Identify security exposures and develop mitigation plans
- Work with our operations team to implement information security solutions
- Advocate security awareness and teach secure behavior and methods
- Lead technical security incident response activities and forensic investigations
- Implement best-practice security procedures, standards, and guidelines
- Support Venmo in developing and maturing their own application security program.
- Assist in compliance activates such as external audits from customers, regulatory compliance projects, and overall information security reviews
- Support integration with the PayPal Information Security and be the central point of contact.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Information Security or equivalent work experience
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, Security+ or comparable Information Security Assurance certification
Experience that would help
- 5+ years of professional information security experience
- A solid understanding of typical web and mobile app stacks
- Demonstrated interest in working with new technologies & tools.
- The know-how and discipline to test your own code.
See Inside the Office of Venmo
Venmo strives to connect the world and empower people through electronic payments. With Venmo, users can easily split the bill, pay friends back for cab fare, and much more—all while sharing payment notes in a social feed. Additionally, Venmo allows users to make purchases within some of their other favorite mobile apps.
Back to top