Senior Product Designer
We all love what we do, and we all love doing it together, because we demand the best people to make the best Venmo.
Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the foreboding walls of financial transactions to make them intuitive and even fun with friends. And it worked, people love sending money with Venmo.
But we’re not done. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place you use your money. We want to connect the people of the world with their money, in an intuitive way, then connect them with each other in a genuine way.
All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together.
About the Role:
User experience is defined by every customer touch point, especially the moments when customers need to reach us for support. The tools and systems used by Venmo are central to delivering this amazing experience so we’re seeking a designer who can analyze, synthesize, and empathize with the needs of both our customers and our support staff.
In this role, you’ll:
- Design stupendously efficient and intuitive interfaces that will allow our support staff to address customer queries with clarity and elegance.
- Observe our current processes, explore the nuances of voice, chat, and email interaction, and create screens and workflows that are methodical, informative, and even fun.
- Play a central role in guiding our product design decisions by understanding and communicating where our customers need help the most.
- Provide guidance to our product team on how Venmo can continuously improve.
- Design screens, interactions, and workflows for very specific users with very specific needs.
- Deploy your designs into practice quickly, observe the results immediately, and plot your strategies for refinement.
- Create complex, data-rich, and purposeful designs based on empathic observation.
- 7+ years of experience designing enterprise-grade software products focused on data visualization, workflow optimization, or support management.
- Deep understanding of design processes and methods developed through experience and you balance fidelity with agility based on the task at hand.
- Analytical thinking is rigorous and communication is precise, and it shows instantly.
- Interest in exploring and experimenting without attachment.
- Expert knowledge of UI design tools, preferably Sketch.
- Ability to create prototypes at varying levels of fidelity using tools like Marvel, Atomic, Keynote, Hype, or other prototyping tools.
- Demonstrable experience building and refining successful software products based user observation.
- Previous experience making decisions and rallying various types of people around those decisions.
- Experience eliciting feedback from users in a range of contexts, and the ability to create user testing scripts and reports.
- A track record that shows that your execution is top-notch and nimble.
- People-centric: you understand people and can combine that with testing and data to make sound design decisions.
- Collaborative in all things: You know when to involve others and escalate issues
Nice to have:
- You’ve worked closely with software engineers and know how to successfully collaborate.
- Being technically fluent is very helpful (but not required)
- A sense of humor (in fact, this is a requirement, now that we think about it)
Please include your portfolio/website, work samples, Dribbble, github, etc. in your application. Applicants who do not include these examples in their application will not be considered.
Back to top