We all love what we do, and we all love doing it together, because we demand the best people to make the best Venmo.
Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the foreboding walls of financial transactions to make them intuitive and even fun with friends. And it worked, people love sending money with Venmo.
But we’re not done. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place you use your money. We want to connect the people of the world with their money, in an intuitive way, then connect them with each other in a genuine way.
All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together.
Design at Venmo
We love making things, so our days are spent with our heads together, pondering the right things to make and how they should work. We huddle with engineers and work closely together on projects from end to end -- turning ideas into beautiful, simple, and lovable products that work well. To do that, we indulge in thoughtful conversations, revel in storytelling, and can't wait to show and tell. We jam together, teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests. We know we're never completely done. We ship.
This is a special time for Venmo and design at Venmo. Our product and company are growing rapidly, and we're constantly evolving the ways in which we work and the environment in which we work in. Much like how you might imagine a product redesign, we're in the midst of redesigning design itself at Venmo.
What does it mean to be a Product Designer at Venmo?
To you, there's nothing more addictive than making things that matter and showing them to people. You like telling stories, and it drives you nuts when the pixels don't come together to form a bigger picture with some meaning and feeling in between the lines. You love things outside of design and can teach us neat facts about them. You have a sense of humor.
What we expect from candidates in this role:
- You have 6+ years of experience designing products at a consumer-facing product company with significant focus on creating mobile experiences
- You have a deep understanding of design processes and methods developed through experience and you balance fidelity with agility based on the task at hand.
- Your analytical thinking is rigorous and communication is precise, and it shows instantly.
- You're interested in exploring and experimenting without attachment.
- You can make decisions and rally various types of people around them.
- Your execution is top-notch and nimble, and you have the track record to prove it.
- You have a knack for understanding people and how they like to do things, and can combine that with testing and data to make sound design decisions.
- You know when to involve others and escalate issues
- Being technically fluent is very helpful (but not required) -- especially if you're able to leverage that expertise to build prototypes and convey your creative vision and daring ideas.
What you will do:
- Own design projects from idea to launch and then through subsequent iteration with minimal guidance
- Work closely with Venmo team mates from many disciplines (from product management to analytics) to define problem spaces, design solutions and set product strategy
- Execute on visual and interaction design that scales across mobile and web on screens of different sizes
- Mentor and guide other designers at Venmo as they progress in their careers and craft
- Create processes and define best practices for the design practice at Venmo
Please include your portfolio/website, work samples, Dribbble, github, etc. in your application.
See Inside the Office of Venmo
Venmo strives to connect the world and empower people through electronic payments. With Venmo, users can easily split the bill, pay friends back for cab fare, and much more—all while sharing payment notes in a social feed. Additionally, Venmo allows users to make purchases within some of their other favorite mobile apps.
Back to top