Senior iOS Engineer
Engineering at Venmo
Work on a cutting edge app that is used by millions that people love. At Venmo, we are looking for engineers who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world of payments.
Engineering is a craft, and at Venmo we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing. We teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests. We work with a product team that is data-driven and human-centered in its design principles.
We’re looking for a Senior iOS Engineer who will be responsible for making engineering design decisions and developing features pertaining to the iOS application. You will also be expected to be a role model on coding standards, tools, platforms and other best practices for the backend team.
Things you'll do as a Senior iOS Engineer at Venmo:
- Lead the design & development of iOS features and components
- Advance technical standards and quality
- Collaborate with other engineers in API design and development
- Help triage bugs, track software defects, and ensure their timely resolution
- Propose solutions for refactoring the existing codebase
- Improve our testing & tooling
- Interface with product and other functional teams and their leadership
What we are looking for:
- Bachelors and/or Masters in computer science OR related field of study
- 4+ years experience in software development or a related field
- Experience working in Swift, Objective-C and strong object oriented programming skills.
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Familiarity with iOS UI design principles and accessibility best practices
- Experience developing, maintaining, and innovating large scale, consumer facing mobile applications
- Strong communication skills with the ability to understand and explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
See Inside the Office of Venmo
Venmo strives to connect the world and empower people through electronic payments. With Venmo, users can easily split the bill, pay friends back for cab fare, and much more—all while sharing payment notes in a social feed. Additionally, Venmo allows users to make purchases within some of their other favorite mobile apps.
Back to top