Senior Android Engineer
We all love what we do, and we all love doing it together, because we demand the best people to make the best Venmo.
Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the foreboding walls of financial transactions to make them intuitive and even fun with friends. And it worked, people love sending money with Venmo.
But we’re not done. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place you use your money. We want to connect the people of the world with their money, in an intuitive way, then connect them with each other in a genuine way.
All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together.
Engineering at Venmo
At Venmo, we are creating a product that people love. We strive to create a delightful user experience while connecting the world and empowering people through payments. We are looking for intellectually curious people who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world.
Engineering is a craft, and at Venmo we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing. We spend our days scaling our infrastructure and building new features to meet and exceed our user’s needs and wants. We teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests.
Things you'll do as a Senior Android Engineer at Venmo:
- Lead the design and development of anchor features for the Android app
- Create elegant code consistent with guidelines and principles on the Android platform
- Understand the broader business and contribute to technology direction
- Interface with product and other functional teams and their leadership
- Triage production issues
- Mentor junior Android engineers
- Conduct code reviews
What we are looking for:
- Bachelors and/or Masters in computer science OR related filed of study
- 4+ years experience in software development or a related field
- Experience mentoring and developing software engineers
- Strong communication skills with the ability to understand and explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Android and Java experience, including a deep understanding of the Android SDK
- Intimate knowledge of common design patterns, algorithms, and object-oriented programming
- Experience leading the development through the full Android development lifecycle
Back to top