Why work at Venmo
We are connecting the world and empowering people through payments. Our app makes moving money simple, makes an awkward conversation a fun experience and changes our users' lives for the better. We want a place on your phone's home screen and we work everyday to ensure we earn that honor.
On the inside, we are teeming with talent. We believe that innovation is fostered in an environment that values intellectual curiosity and the joy of learning. Our team is made up of thinkers, idealists, and high-energy yes-we-can-ers who have found an app and a workplace that we love. Fueled by Kind bars and green tea (and plenty of other healthy snacks), we are looking for people who challenge us, inspire us, and want to problem solve with us. In a phrase: we are looking for people to come and Venmo with us.
Engineering at Venmo
We're passionate about building exceptional products that improve our users’ lives and connect them with others. We view engineering as a craft, and want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing.
Things you will do
- Design a security monitoring infrastructure to safely enable rapid deployment of new services.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to ensure new features are designed with security in mind
- Perform architecture and security reviews of new features to ensure they have been implemented securely
- Implement monitoring and alerting tools that can keep track of both system-level and business-level performance.
- Manage security audits and proactively make recommendations and improvements to keep security tight.
- You are passionate about building secure systems.
- You believe in automation, and the value of infrastructure as code.
- You love data, metrics and measurement.
- You have a passion for building resilient, reliable and scalable database, web and API infrastructure.
- You are fluent in one or more high-level programming language, and have a programming foundation; expect to spend a significant amount of time writing code.
- You are comfortable working with a continuous deployment environment.
- Working knowledge of applied cryptography and how to effectively develop appropriate cryptographic solutions.
- Knowledge of PCI-DSS is a plus.
Experience that would help
- 5+ years of professional information security experience
- 3+ years experience developing software with particular interest in keeping things safe and secure
- Experience working on a large object-oriented code base.
- A solid understanding of typical web and mobile app stacks
- Demonstrated interest in working with new technologies & tools.
- The know-how and discipline to test your own code.
See Inside the Office of Venmo
Venmo strives to connect the world and empower people through electronic payments. With Venmo, users can easily split the bill, pay friends back for cab fare, and much more—all while sharing payment notes in a social feed. Additionally, Venmo allows users to make purchases within some of their other favorite mobile apps.
Back to top