QA Manual Tester
We all love what we do, and we all love doing it together, because we demand the best people to make the best Venmo.
Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the foreboding walls of financial transactions to make them intuitive and even fun with friends. And it worked, people love sending money with Venmo.
But we’re not done. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place you use your money. We want to connect the people of the world with their money, in an intuitive way, then connect them with each other in a genuine way.
All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together.
Engineering at Venmo
At Venmo, we are creating a product that people love. We strive to create a delightful user experience while connecting the world and empowering people through payments. We are looking for intellectually curious people who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world.
Engineering is a craft, and at Venmo we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing. We spend our days scaling our infrastructure and building new features to meet and exceed our user’s needs and wants. We teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests.
As an QA Engineer at Venmo, you will be responsible for ensuring a delightful and high quality application experience. You love breaking things and putting them back together. You will join a passionate team of developers that deliver releases to millions of people on a frequent basis. Some specific responsibilities include:
- Writing and executing test plans, triaging bugs and resolving issues with the rest of the team
- Collaborating with the Mobile, Design and Product Management teams to ensure releases go smoothly
- Improving our current testing approach and exploring new solutions
- Building tools to automate and expand our test coverage
- Creating, monitoring, and communicating important metrics about the quality of our apps
- Helping define the role of Quality Assurance at Venmo
- Beneficial Experience
- 2+ years in quality assurance, preferably in an automated test environment
- Experience with iOS testing, especially with Travis CI and XCTest
- UI automation with Xcode 7 and knowledge of Swift
- Familiarity with other iOS testing frameworks and options
- The ability to debug like a boss, triaging issues and pinpointing root cause
- Crazy awesome at automating things
- Have a healthy obsession about quality
- Bring positive energy and a collaborative attitude
- Programming experience is a must
See Inside the Office of Venmo
Venmo strives to connect the world and empower people through electronic payments. With Venmo, users can easily split the bill, pay friends back for cab fare, and much more—all while sharing payment notes in a social feed. Additionally, Venmo allows users to make purchases within some of their other favorite mobile apps.
Back to top