Venmo was founded on the principle of simplifying financial transactions, and even making these transactions fun. Still, we were surprised by how such a basic principle would resonate with so many. People absolutely love Venmo, and our rapidly growing community of users is a testament to the value of keeping products simple, focused, fun, and friendly.
But we’re not done. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place you use your money. We want to connect people with their cash, in an intuitive way, then connect them with each other in a genuine way. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out -- Let’s do it together.
Executive Assistant (12 Month Contract)
While the other children were scattering their blocks like raccoons, you were color coordinating yours. One glorious birthday, you received your first-ever daily planner and you remember it as fondly as some others do their beloved pets. Your train set may not have been elaborate, but, gosh darnit, it always ran on time. You’ve been training for this job your whole life, and we’ve been looking for you just the same.
Reporting into the Sr. Group Marketing Director of Venmo and Braintree, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for working effectively to:
Keep the music playing
- Understand organizational priorities, challenges, and stakeholders
- Manage schedules and calendars to ensure smooth operating rhythms
- Manage domestic and international travel booking
- Complete expense reports, IT tickets, HR requests, etc.
- Take ownership of general operational tasks, including new hire logistics and onboarding
Be the reason for end-of- meeting high fives
- Proactively develop and maintain agendas
- Help coordinate complex documents and presentations
- Provide support on special projects
- Bring a sense of joy and harmony to the land
- Organize, plan, and coordinate amazing internal events
- Talk often with fellow Venmo, Braintree, & PayPal EAs to ensure smooth day-to- day operations
Are you nodding emphatically at this list of requirements?
- Be a team player and build strong relationships across the business
- Strong time/calendar management, process management, and productivity skills
- Experience dealing with highly confidential and sensitive information
- A friendly gatekeeper to ensure access to the right people at the right time
- A natural instinct for bridging knowledge gaps and connecting people together
- A self-starter who is comfortable acting on instinct
- A creative thinker who’s able to find solutions where obvious ones may not lie
- Strong business writing skills
- Experienced with Gmail, Google docs, Slack, Keynote
Sounds like you might be the one. Let’s talk.
See Inside the Office of Venmo
Venmo strives to connect the world and empower people through electronic payments. With Venmo, users can easily split the bill, pay friends back for cab fare, and much more—all while sharing payment notes in a social feed. Additionally, Venmo allows users to make purchases within some of their other favorite mobile apps.
Back to top