Automation Quality Engineer
We all love what we do, and we all love doing it together, because we demand the best people to make the best Venmo.
Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the foreboding walls of financial transactions to make them intuitive and even fun with friends. And it worked, people love sending money with Venmo.
But we’re not done. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place you use your money. We want to connect the people of the world with their money, in an intuitive way, then connect them with each other in a genuine way.
All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together.
Engineering at Venmo
At Venmo, we are creating a product that people love. We strive to create a delightful user experience while connecting the world and empowering people through payments. We are looking for intellectually curious people who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world.
Engineering is a craft, and at Venmo we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing. We spend our days scaling our infrastructure and building new features to meet and exceed our users needs and wants. We work with a product team that is data-driven and human-centered in its design principles. We teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests.
As an Automation Quality Engineer at Venmo, you will be responsible for ensuring a delightful and high quality application experience. You love breaking things and putting them back together. You will join a passionate team of developers that deliver releases to millions of people on a frequent basis.
Develop and maintain automation testing scripts to use towards developing a robust regression suite for different products.
Things you'll do as a Automation Engineer at Venmo:
- Develop and maintain automation testing scripts for mobile / web applications
- Collaborate across Engineering, Design and Product Management teams to ensure releases go smoothly
- Improve and or build upon current automation testing approach and explore new solutions
- Mentor engineers on automation testing best practices
- Create, monitor, and communicate important metrics about the quality of our apps
- Evangelize test innovations, through prototyping or other means
- Incorporate automation tests into a CI environment
What we are looking for:
- BA/BS Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Test Automation, including planning, assessments, script development, and maintenance, preferably in cloud environment
- Minimum of 4 years demonstrated experience in one or more of the following test toolsets, frameworks and cloud environment for Automated Testing:
- Selenium WebDriver with jUnit/ TestNG
- Espresso with jUnit4
- SauceLabs /AWS Device Farm
- Eclipse, IntelliJ, Android Studio
- Experience working in adaptive methodologies, such as Agile and Scrum.
- Must be a self-starter/self-directed member of the team
- Experience with developing and maintaining automated test suites, using Java
- Experience with Android testing and automation frameworks
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration, including one or more of the following build/deploy/version control tools:
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
See Inside the Office of Venmo
Venmo strives to connect the world and empower people through electronic payments. With Venmo, users can easily split the bill, pay friends back for cab fare, and much more—all while sharing payment notes in a social feed. Additionally, Venmo allows users to make purchases within some of their other favorite mobile apps.
Back to top