Technical Architect, UI
At 1,700 employees and growing and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are: Employee Success, Customer Success and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in- class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
Be a part of the content management revolution! Do you like scaling systems? Do you love tough technical problems not for the faint of heart? Does JQuery tremble at the sight of your skills? If so, Veeva Vault is looking for a highly proficient platform architect to guide our overall UI architecture using re-usable template driven architecture, drive technical excellence, help and support engineering teams and efforts.
This role will allow you to work with product management, development teams and operations to redefine and develop a template based extensible UI within a fast growing content management system. As an architect you will take responsibility for your technical areas and drive the architecture forward to meet the needs of the ever growing system.
- Own evaluating and recommending technologies and best practices
- Own and implement the roadmap for UI infrastructure within the Veeva Vault application
- Defining and maintaining architecture and technology standards for applications, middleware, and databases for both in-house development and third-party applications
- Designing creative and scalable systems and software solutions to address business/technical needs or challenges
- Providing subject matter expertise in architecture technical disciplines
- Preparing road maps and proof of concepts
- Driving concepts to solutions
- Interacting with product management to effect solutions for enterprise business requirements
- Preparing and maintaining documents (i.e., architecture diagrams, data models, and navigation maps)
- Mentoring team members on new technologies
- Writing quality code...this is not a paper only job, architects at Veeva are expected to code and you will need to bring all your skills to the table to ensure the quality deliver of your vision
- 5+ years of experience leveraging the J2EE application development platform including Hibernate, Struts, Spring, JUnit, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with template based UI development systems
- 3+ years of experience in Software or System architecture design
- Experience with complex event-driven architectures
- Experience developing complex, high availability enterprise software in Java/J2EE
- Strong expertise with Web Services
- Strong experience with a RESTful architecture
- Experience working on teams using agile development techniques
- Drive and flexibility to roll up your sleeves and work hard (and have fun) in a fast-moving startup environment
- Strong communication skills
- Local to Bay Area preferred (We have offices in Pleasanton & San Francisco)
- BS in engineering/science or equivalent
- Experience with content management products & technologies
- Experience creating enterprise application toolset
- Demonstrated success in a startup mode
- SaaS/Multi-tenant architecture
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Back to top