Technical Architect, UI
Join one of the fastest growing companies in high tech. Veeva is experiencing rapid growth as the market expands for industry-specific, cloud-based software solutions. A pioneer in industry cloud, according to Forbes, 'Veeva Systems is at the heart of two explosive megatrends: the cloud and life sciences.' We build innovative SaaS solutions that include CRM, content management, and customer master data management for life sciences customers ranging from emerging biotechs to the largest global pharmaceutical companies.
Read the buzz, see our videos, and hear from our team about the innovation, people, and life at Veeva. Are you ready to innovate, inspire, thrive, and shape the future of the industry cloud? Start your best career move here...
Be a part of the content management revolution! Do you like scaling systems? Do you love tough technical problems not for the faint of heart? Does JQuery tremble at the sight of your skills? If so, Veeva Vault is looking for a highly proficient platform architect to guide our overall UI architecture using re-usable template driven architecture, drive technical excellence, help and support engineering teams and efforts.
This role will allow you to work with product management, development teams and operations to redefine and develop a template based extensible UI within a fast growing content management system. As an architect you will take responsibility for your technical areas and drive the architecture forward to meet the needs of the ever growing system.
- Own evaluating and recommending technologies and best practices
- Own and implement the roadmap for UI infrastructure within the Veeva Vault application
- Defining and maintaining architecture and technology standards for applications, middleware, and databases for both in-house development and third-party applications
- Designing creative and scalable systems and software solutions to address business/technical needs or challenges
- Providing subject matter expertise in architecture technical disciplines
- Preparing road maps and proof of concepts
- Driving concepts to solutions
- Interacting with product management to effect solutions for enterprise business requirements
- Preparing and maintaining documents (i.e., architecture diagrams, data models, and navigation maps)
- Mentoring team members on new technologies
- Writing quality code...this is not a paper only job, architects at Veeva are expected to code and you will need to bring all your skills to the table to ensure the quality deliver of your vision
- 5+ years of experience leveraging the J2EE application development platform including Hibernate, Struts, Spring, JUnit, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with template based UI development systems
- 3+ years of experience in Software or System architecture design
- Experience with complex event-driven architectures
- Experience developing complex, high availability enterprise software in Java/J2EE
- Strong expertise with Web Services
- Strong experience with a RESTful architecture
- Experience working on teams using agile development techniques
- Drive and flexibility to roll up your sleeves and work hard (and have fun) in a fast-moving startup environment
- Strong communication skills
- Local to Bay Area preferred (We have offices in Pleasanton & San Francisco)
- BS in engineering/science or equivalent
Nice to Have:
- Experience with content management products & technologies
- Experience creating enterprise application toolset
- Demonstrated success in a startup mode
- SaaS/Multi-tenant architecture
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
Samhita ensures that each web application integration or infrastructure the company chooses to build and create is scalable, efficient, and meets direct client and consumer needs
Back to top