Join one of the fastest growing companies in high tech! Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative SaaS solutions that include CRM, content management, and customer master data management for life sciences customers.
Follow us on Instagram @veevasystems or Twitter @VeevaCareers and read the buzz, see our videos, and hear from our team about the innovation, people, and #lifeatveeva. Are you ready to innovate, inspire, and shape the future of the industry cloud? Make your best career move here!
Veeva Systems is looking for a bright, energetic, self-motivated Systems Administrator focused on our customer-facing production infrastructure. This is a hands-on position and will work closely with the Operations, Engineering, and Support teams. This position requires a strong team player that thrives in a fast-paced and fluid entrepreneurial environment.
The ideal candidate would have at least 4 years of experience supporting a large number of Red Hat Linux or similar servers in a production IT or customer-facing SaaS environment.
- Monitor and maintain the production environment
- Assist in build-out of new infrastructure/new data center locations
- Investigate and resolve production issues
- Work with Operations and Engineering teams to implement changes/enhancements to the production architecture including new servers and updates to existing infrastructure/configuration
- Develop, maintain, and improve internal tools for server monitoring and maintenance
- Share on-call responsibilities, night and weekend project, and support work as required.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years Unix administration/support/maintenance experience in a production environment (preferably Red Hat)
- Knowledge of OS and network security (firewall and system hardening)
- Advanced systems and automation programming skills
- Demonstrated capacity for analytical thinking and rapid problem solving in a fast-paced environment
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Experience building, supporting, and troubleshooting multi-tier, high-volume, production web installations (load balanced server pools, app/db tier, etc.)
- Configuring and troubleshooting Apache/Tomcat
- Release automation, rollback, and configuration management using Chef or Puppet
- Scripting/PHP development
- Experience with monitoring and log management software
- com Experience
- Implementation/authoring of operational procedures
- MySQL administration
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Back to top