Staff Accountant (AP) – Asia
At 1,900 employees and growing, and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
This position reports to the Director of Finance, Asia and will be responsible for the AP process in all Asia countries (including T&E expenses), assisting the month/quarter end closing and local statutory tax reporting and filing for all business units in Asia.
Veeva is looking for a self-motivated individual with U.S. GAAP accounting experience, a positive attitude, and a customer service orientation. This individual will be the regional owner of the AP process:
- Vendor management, includes, vendor setup in Netsuite, vendor inquires, vendor invoice authentication and registration, contract review and filing
- Run payment request through e-bank, make sure the expenditure approval process is followed and verify the authenticity of the vendor invoices to ensure timely and accurate payment
- Review monthly employee expense reports to ensure the observance of travel and entertainment policy
- Support Fixed Asset record management
- Assist senior accountants and accounting manager to file direct and indirect sales taxes (i.e. VAT, GST, WHT, Service Tax and etc.) in compliance with local tax regulations
- Support the period end close, includes reporting on bank transaction detail reporting, monthly input VAT, company card management and reconciliation
- Participate in the external audit process, with specific focus on collecting key financial and accounting data
- Support financial accounting process improvements and development and amendment of policies and procedures
- Any other ad hoc assignment any other ad hoc assignment
This role requires effective communication in a team environment while interacting with all levels in the operations and finance organizations, as well as with external entities such as third-party service providers, State Tax Administration, and other related government agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or the related degree
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Proficient in English for both verbal and written communication (CET 6 or equivalent preferred)
- Technical knowledge of China GAAP and exposure to US GAAP
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Excellent attention to detail and follow up skills
- Highly proficient in MS office applications: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Nice to Have
- NetSuite and Salesforce.com knowledge is a plus
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
CJ helps build scalable platforms and applications while collaborating with Product Teams to brainstorm and implement unique solutions. He also maintains features after they’ve been introduced.
Back to top