Staff Accountant (AP) – Asia
At 1,700 employees strong and growing, along with consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative enterprise cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People:
Our core values are: Employee Success, Customer Success and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life.
This position reports to the Director of Finance, Asia and will be the regional owner of the AP process (including T&E expenses), GL accounting and local statutory tax reporting and filing for all business units in Asia.
Veeva is looking for a self-motivated individual with U.S. GAAP accounting experience, a positive attitude and a customer service orientation. This individual will be the regional owner of the AP process.
- Vendor management, includes, vendor setup in Netsuite, vendor inquires, vendor invoice authentication and registration, contract review and filing.
- Run payment request through e-bank, make sure the expenditure approval process is followed and verify the authenticity of the vendor invoices to ensure timely and accurate payment
- Review monthly employee expense reports to ensure the observance of travel and entertainment policy
- Work with Employee Success and external payroll service provider on employee benefit claims
- Support Fixed Asset record management
- Assist senior accountant/accounting supervisor to file VAT, stamp duty and additional tax in compliance with local tax regulations
- Support GL and reporting team on period end close, includes reporting on bank transaction detail reporting, monthly input VAT, company card management and reconciliation.
- Participate in the external audit process, with specific focus on collecting key financial and accounting data.
- Manage SAFE account declaration and clearance, by coordinating with US employee equity administrator and provide required documents to bank for ESPP/RSU fund disbursement;
- Support financial accounting process improvements and development and amendment of policies and procedures
- Any other ad hoc assignment any other ad hoc assignment.
This role requires effective communication in a team environment while interacting with all levels in the operations and finance organizations, as well as with external entities such as third-party service providers, State Tax Administration and other related government agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or the related degree
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Proficient in English for both verbal and written communication (CET 6 or equivalent preferred)
- Technical knowledge of both US and China GAAP revenue rules(preferably in SaaS)
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow up skills.
- Highly proficient in MS office applications: Excel, Power Point and Word.
NetSuite and Salesforce.com knowledge is a plus
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
Samhita ensures that each web application integration or infrastructure the company chooses to build and create is scalable, efficient, and meets direct client and consumer needs
Back to top