Sr. Manager / Director, IT Business Applications
At 1,900 employees and growing, and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
As the Senior Manager / Director of IT business applications, you will manage our internal facing cloud based business applications and integrations. You will be responsible for driving the business application and integration roadmap and managing the portfolio of projects.
- Manage the business applications team consisting of business systems analysts, integration analysts/developers and cloud administrators.
- Own the IT application and integration roadmap
- Drives cross functional prioritization of business initiatives
- Develop IT policies and procedures surrounding business system and the respective data.
- Serve as a program / project manager, as needed, on various cross functional business initiatives.
- Participate as the Business Applications Lead on the IT Architecture Council.
- Develops and implements formal change management processes for IT business applications.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of annual budgets and management of expenses in support of agreed upon operational objectives.
- Drive the definition and implementation of IT application controls in support of SOX
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in a Senior manager, Director or similar role in an IT application environment. Cloud and/or SaaS based preferred.
- Demonstrated management experience with team size of 10 or more people.
- Prior ownership of IT applications for at least two of the following business functions: Sales, Finance, Marketing, Professional Services, Engineering, or other internal applications.
- Experience with hiring high performing individuals.
- Significant hands-on experience in project management, business analysis, documenting requirements, and driving projects from start to finish.
- Prior responsibility for management of project portfolio / queue, including prioritization, funding, execution, and executive updates.
Nice to Have
- Ideally possess a degree in a business, or technology discipline
- Experience in hi-tech, pharma, or other regulated industries.
- Experience in a hyper-growth environment
- Experience managing Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Coupa, Jira, or similar products.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
CJ helps build scalable platforms and applications while collaborating with Product Teams to brainstorm and implement unique solutions. He also maintains features after they’ve been introduced.
Back to top