Senior Software Engineer – Server Side
At 1,700 employees and growing and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are: Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
Would you like to contribute in a security oriented application being built from the ground up? Are you passionate about security, problem-solving and innovation?
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers to help build scalable, multi-threaded web application using cutting edge industry standards to provide a unique experience to our users.
This is a hands-on position helping to solve technical issues for our growing number of customers. You will contribute to the technical design and implementation of product features for multiple product lines.
- Build a highly available, scalable web application in the cloud
- Design, implement and unit-test new features
- Contribute towards architectural and performance enhancements
- Write modular and extensible Java code using cutting edge technologies
- Create rich user experiences
- Drive the product forward with continuous improvement
- 5+ years of server-side programming experience in Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate
- 3+ years of experience with relational databases (MySQL or similar)
- 2+ years of experience in REST API (achieved by Spring, JaxRS or Jersey)
- OpenIDConnect, OAuth 2.0 and server side security knowledge
- Self-starter in a fast-paced agile development environment
- Experience with version control tools like Git is desired
- Ability to analyze existing source and diagnose performance/functional issues
- BS in Computer Science/Software Engineering or closely related
- Familiarity with full-stack development
- Comfortable working with agile processes and/or test driven development
- Experience with building/deploying/managing AWS on an enterprise level
- Knowledge of SaaS applications and SaaS deployment models
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
CJ helps build scalable platforms and applications while collaborating with Product Teams to brainstorm and implement unique solutions. He also maintains features after they’ve been introduced.
Back to top