Senior Software Engineer - Mobile
At 2,000 employees and growing, and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
Veeva is looking for a passionate senior mobile engineer to work at our Pleasanton headquarters. You’ll work on the Vault Mobile engineering team, which will utilize modern technologies and best practices to create mobile applications and a set of SDKs that will dramatically accelerate development of mobile applications on the Vault Platform. You get to be part of building up the platform and new mobile applications from the ground up! It’s not often you get to start on something completely new in your career, so this is a great opportunity!
- Implement features assigned to you
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering Management to help design and develop the Vault Android SDK
- Work on technical designs and problem solve to come up with compelling mobile solutions
- Use a pragmatic Test Driven Development approach to developing high quality software
Qualities we value
- A passion for mobile UI and user experience
- A strong desire to create great mobile applications with interfaces customers will want to use an love
- Ability to make the important trade-offs between perfection and complexity
- Simplicity of design and implementation that can deliver a minimal viable product that can still delight and please our customers
- 5+ years in enterprise software development
- 2.5+ years with Android mobile application development
- Hands-on development experience with current tools and technologies (Android Studio, Git, Jenkins)
- Proficient with Dalvik Java
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Computer science or related bachelor’s degree
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Understanding of Google’s material design principles and interface guidelines
- Familiarity with performance and memory tuning with tools
- Experience with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Previous experience building a mobile SDK
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
CJ helps build scalable platforms and applications while collaborating with Product Teams to brainstorm and implement unique solutions. He also maintains features after they’ve been introduced.
Back to top