Senior Software Engineer, Java (Vault)
Join one of the fastest growing companies in high tech! Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative SaaS solutions that include CRM, content management, and customer master data management for life sciences customers.
Follow us on Instagram @veevasystems or Twitter @VeevaCareers and read the buzz, see our videos, and hear from our team about the innovation, people, and #lifeatveeva. Are you ready to innovate, inspire, and shape the future of the industry cloud? Make your best career move here!
Building upon Veeva’s industry cloud strategy, our Vault team is developing an innovative cloud-based Regulated Content Management product suite that will transform the way life sciences companies manage the critical documents that support their product development process from the research lab through clinical trials, FDA approval, manufacturing, and commercialization.
As part of our product development culture, we expect our engineers to innovate, work hard, have fun, and share ideas regularly. Engineers develop product details working closely with our product managers and other engineers, and are responsible for seeing their product features or project through the full development life cycle.
We are seeking experienced backend software engineers who deeply understand cloud architectures and how to build highly scalable, extensible platforms and applications. Our team is in the early stages of defining and building a revolutionary product for content management from the ground up. Our technology stack includes Java, Spring, Tomcat, and MySQL.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Development team members on technical design and problem solving to come up with compelling solutions to problems
- Use a pragmatic Test Driven Development approach to developing high quality software that doesn't need to be assured by a QA team before it's deployed to production
- Own all aspects of implementation for features from design to development, deployment to production, and support and maintenance
- 10+ years developing commercial software in Java
- Deep expertise in Object-oriented design and implementation
- Current, hands-on Java development with Server-side web technologies (Spring, JPA, Hibernate, etc.)
- Experience with RDBMS such as MySQL, Oracle, or MS SQL Server
- Demonstrated ability to deliver moderate to highly complex projects either independently or in a leading role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Local Bay Area residents preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience with building Enterprise software for businesses
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
Back to top