Senior Software Engineer - Java (Commercial Products)
At 1,900 employees and growing, and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
Veeva Commercial Products is seeking expert Java Engineers who share our passion for building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade services. Our customers rely on Veeva cloud services to empower their sales reps as they meet health care providers around the globe. We develop cutting edge cloud solutions working with proven technologies like Spring Framework, Hibernate, Junit, Mockito, Log4J, AngularJS, and ELK.
Come help us build world-class software that is transforming the pharmaceutical industry!
A day in the life at Veeva:
- Designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
- Contributing to the team to write stories and plan sprints
Qualities we Value:
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Creativity and a willingness to explore new technologies
- Pride in work through attention to detail
- Hands-on experience developing commercial software
- Object-oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Java internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management, multi-threading, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL, and ORM technologies (Hibernate, JPA2)
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
Nice to Have:
- OpenIDConnect, OAuth 2.0 and server side security knowledge
- Prior experience on Force.com platform
- Familiarity with configuration management solutions such as Chef, Terraform, Ansible
- Experience building scalable applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
CJ helps build scalable platforms and applications while collaborating with Product Teams to brainstorm and implement unique solutions. He also maintains features after they’ve been introduced.
Back to top