Senior Software Engineer for Analytics
At 1,700 employees and growing and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are: Employee Success, Customer Success and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in- class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
In this role, you will be a key part of a team developing new Life Sciences analytic frameworks and solutions for Veeva customers. You will design, develop, and integrate with modern data management tools, and contribute to the next generation of analytic capabilities for Veeva Customers. An ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter, who loves data management challenges, has prior development experience working on data integration, data warehousing, data transformation, and has ideas of new ways to solve complex integration problems.
- Build highly scalable application for analytics, integrating Veeva and 3rd party data sources
- Design, Implementation and Testing of new features
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Engineers, and Domain Experts to design and develop analytic applications
- Develop and support new functionality, and become an owner of a domain
- Develop interfaces for integration to 3rd party tools (REST API’s, metadata)
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance engineers to ensure accurate and comprehensive testing coverage
- Ensure customer success by working on customer issues and providing the best possible solution
- 5+ years of software development experience with Java, J2EE, Spring or similar
- 3+ years of analytic focused development, EDW, BI, ETL, Big Data, or Analytics.
- 3+ years of experience in OO design and implementation using Java
- 2+ years of experience in configuring applications to perform in a clustered environment
- Experience with RDBMS/JDBC, including scalable relational databases, like Redshift or similar
- Expertise with SaaS, Cloud Integration models and APIs
- Expertise with data oriented scripting, like Python, Scala
- BS in Engineering (Computer Science related)
- Experience integrating with Salesforce.com
- Familiarity with modern scalable data management platforms (Map/Reduce, Hive, Spark, Pig)
- Familiarity with Information Retrieval technologies: Elasticsearch, Solr, or Lucene.
- Comfortable working with agile processes and/or test driven development
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
Samhita ensures that each web application integration or infrastructure the company chooses to build and create is scalable, efficient, and meets direct client and consumer needs
Back to top