Senior Software Engineer, DaaS Platform
At 1,700 employees and growing and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are: Employee Success, Customer Success and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in- class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
Veeva is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our Data platform team in Toronto. You will be responsible for building core technology for creating data assets for Veeva’s industry leading Data as a Service (DaaS) platform.
In this team, you will be creating new technology for data aggregation and services. This is an international data platform and you are comfortable with managing international data and the complexities of data matching. You have a strong background with many of the following technologies: Java, Machine Learning, Big Data, Apache Spark, Elastic Search, REST, ETL and SaaS. You have deep knowledge of working with large datasets and a strong commitment to customer success.Responsibilities
- A leader in developing new data applications / platform / features to collect, cleanse and merge large datasets from multiple data sources intelligently.
- Share technical expertise in the latest technologies and techniques and coach junior members.
- Play a lead role with other developers within a great development team and work directly with a dedicated product management team.
- Contribute to process improvement.
- Ensure that all project deliverables meet quality objectives in functionality, performance, stability, security, accessibility and data quality.
- Work with other Software Engineers, Product Managers, and QA Engineers in an Agile team environment.
- Expert in working with big datasets in a distributed environment
- Expert knowledge of Java programming
- Hands-on Java performance tuning experience
- 4+ years of experience working on large scale systems
- 8+ years of experience as a Software Engineer in a software development company
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical field
- Working experience with Machine Learning technologies
- Working experience with Apache Spark
- Experience with NoSQL like databases
- Prior experience with Lucene based search systems (SOLR, Elastic Search)
- Experience delivering cloud based services
Veeva Systems is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we are committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Veeva Systems welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
CJ helps build scalable platforms and applications while collaborating with Product Teams to brainstorm and implement unique solutions. He also maintains features after they’ve been introduced.
Back to top