Senior Software Engineer, DaaS platform
Join one of the fastest growing companies in high tech. Veeva is experiencing rapid growth as the market expands for industry-specific, cloud-based software solutions. A pioneer in industry cloud, according to Forbes, "Veeva Systems is at the heart of two explosive megatrends: the cloud and life sciences." We build innovative SaaS solutions that include CRM, content management and customer master data management for life sciences customers ranging from emerging biotechs to the largest global pharmaceutical companies.
Read the buzz, see our videos and hear from our team about the innovation, people and life at Veeva. Are you ready to innovate, inspire, thrive, and shape the future of the industry cloud? Start your best career move here....
Veeva is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our Data platform team in Toronto. You will be responsible for building core technology for creating data assets for Veeva’s industry leading Data as a Service (DaaS) platform.
In this team, you will be creating new technology for data aggregation and services. This is an international data platform and you are comfortable with managing international data and the complexities of data matching. You have a strong background with many of the following technologies: Java, RDBMS, Elastic Search, REST, ETL and SaaS. You have deep knowledge of working with large datasets and a strong commitment to customer success.
- A leader in developing new data applications / features to collect, cleanse and merge data from multiple data sources intelligently.
- Play a lead role with other developers within a great development team and work directly with a dedicated product management team.
- Contribute to process improvement.
- Ensure that all project deliverables meet quality objectives in functionality, performance, stability, security, accessibility and data quality.
- Work with other Software Engineers, Product Managers, and QA Engineers in an Agile team environment.
- Hands-on Java performance tuning experience
- 4+ years of experience working on large scale systems
- 8+ years of experience as a Software Engineer in a software development company
- Expert knowledge of Java
- Passion in large scale systems or large data sets
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical field
- Experience with NoSQL like databases
- Prior experience with Lucene based search systems (SOLR, Elastic Search)
- Experience delivering cloud based services
Back to top