Senior Software Engineer
At 1,900 employees and growing, and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
Come and join Veeva’s Vault Object Framework team which is responsible for the heart and soul of Vault Platform. Every single customer needs to deal with objects and records in Vault Platform, and you will part of the platform team dealing with high volume of data; addressing software scalability and performance challenges. We are looking for exceptional Software Engineers to design, build and drive the future of our platform, who have experience with high volume data. You will be working in a fast-paced, self-organized agile team setting with world class technologists.
- Design, implement and ship features that can scale;
- Lead feature and architecture design with a major focus on performance, scalability and future plans;
- Have a passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well;
- Adopt, embrace, and promote agile and test-driven practices;
- Influence architecture, quality, product and process beyond immediate scrum team.
- Own all aspects of implementation for features from design to development, deployment to production, and support and maintenance
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Extensive experience in developing enterprise SaaS Platform
- Extensive experience with Java, MySQL and Spring
- Experience with SQL development, data modeling and data structures for high-volume and high-velocity data.
- Experience in building high performance and scalable software platform
- Hands-on development experience with open source tools and technologies like Hibernate, Maven, Git, Jenkins, JUnit, Mockito, Log4J, JProfiler, etc.
- Deep expertise in object-oriented design and implementation
- Effectively communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience in Agile methodologies with software development lifecycle experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
CJ helps build scalable platforms and applications while collaborating with Product Teams to brainstorm and implement unique solutions. He also maintains features after they’ve been introduced.
Back to top