Senior Revenue Manager
At 2,000 employees and growing, and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on, results-driven Senior Revenue Manager to play a key role within Veeva’s revenue accounting team that will be integral to ensuring the accurate accounting and reporting of revenue in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). This new position will report to the Director of Revenue Accounting and will be instrumental to supporting the growing, global revenue function while also helping to build scalable processes. This will also assist with the adoption of the new revenue standard (ASC 606) and help manage the team performing the implementation of revenue accounting processes for the monthly close under ASC 606.
- Key project lead driving the implementation of ASC 606 Revenue from Contracts with Customers and ASC 340-40 Other Assets and Deferred Costs - Contracts with Customers.
- Helping to manage the worldwide monthly revenue close processes to ensure that revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP and the Company’s revenue recognition policies.
- Participating in the month-end close process, which includes reviewing and/or verifying the accuracy of journal entries, revenue accruals, account reconciliations and fluctuation analysis.
- Working with the external auditors to provide the required support for the quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Partnering with the FP&A team on the revenue forecasting process to evolve it to a scalable, systematic process.
- Assist with management reporting reports
- Ability to read complex contracts/agreements and identify pertinent terms and issues to provide appropriate accounting guidance and propose solutions within Company’s existing revenue recognition policy and accounting literature.
- Collaborating with field sales, sales operations, legal and revenue operations to coordinate, complete and resolve complex issues as well as remove process inefficiencies and facilitate process enhancements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8+ years’ experience in Big 4 public accounting and/or a Publicly Traded SaaS company
- Licensed CPA
- Must possess strong communication & writing skills
- Experience and knowledge in U.S. GAAP, including Revenue Recognition under ASC 605
- Knowledge of new revenue standards (ASC 606)
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to identify problems and provide solutions
- Ability to partner with and influence personnel around the world and cross functions within Veeva
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
Nice to Have
- Experience implementing new controls and processes using best practices
- Experience with NetSuite and salesforce.com a plus
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
CJ helps build scalable platforms and applications while collaborating with Product Teams to brainstorm and implement unique solutions. He also maintains features after they’ve been introduced.
Back to top