Senior Performance Engineer - CRM
Join one of the fastest growing companies in high tech! Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative SaaS solutions that include CRM, content management, and customer master data management for life sciences customers.
Follow us on Instagram @veevasystems or Twitter @VeevaCareers and read the buzz, see our videos, and hear from our team about the innovation, people, and #lifeatveeva. Are you ready to innovate, inspire, and shape the future of the industry cloud? Make your best career move here!
If you enjoy detecting the “undetectable”, finding the “unfindable” and then solving the “unsolvable”, this position is for you. The Veeva CRM team is looking for a performance focused engineer to lead the performance improvements in the way the Veeva CRM SaaS systems responds to the requests it receives. You would already be familiar with most technologies used in cloud based systems (and able to learn the remainder very quickly) and are most comfortable when you are diving into finding and fixing performance issues.
This positon would be working with Veeva CRM product development, product management, support and internal technical operations teams and be able to get to the bottom what is going on in our systems. You would be able to talk at the “big picture’ level to senior management as well as working at the technical level with senior architects.
Your ultimate goal is ensuring that Veeva remains the world's most highly performing, scalable, and reliable industry cloud computing company in the industry. Your direct efforts will help us ensure we give our customers the most satisfying experience with our product by using the most innovative methodologies and architecture, cutting-edge automation, and advanced tools in the industry to maintain our leadership position.
- Research performance problems as they are encountered to be able to understand their root cause(s) and propose necessary changes to avoid issues in the future
- Work with developers, system engineers, and technical operations to ensure the systems are operating at the highest possible performance and throughput
- Define/produce dashboards/reports showing system availability, performance and trends
- Work with the teams focused on system monitoring to define/produce reports showing leading indicators of issues and ensure outages/problems are avoided
- Clearly communicate to technical and management audiences status of investigations and results of detailed analysis
- Leverage existing and define new monitoring data to determine when an interesting event should have been predicted
- Enhance the data collected to be able to know how the system is performing and behaving around the world
- Refine the processes, techniques, and tools used to ensure we are state of the art for data collected, how it’s gathered, and turning it into actionable information
- BS or MS in Computer Science or other technical field, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience with large scale, distributed, business critical applications/systems
- 7+ years of experience with Unix and Java based web applications
- Advanced hands-on experience of performance, load, stress, and scalability test systems
- Hands on experience leading investigations into the performance of a large, complex system
- Experience with multiple monitoring and investigation architectures and tools/processes/techniques and be able to outline strengths/weaknesses and preferences
- Able to clearly present your findings and proposals to senior management to effect change
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and reasoning skills
- Strategic and forward thinking to develop plans for future projects and team needs
- Experience monitoring a Salesforce/Force.com based application
- Experience monitoring large scale mobile application
- Experience in Life Sciences/Pharma or similar regulated industry
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Back to top