Senior Payroll Analyst
At 1,900 employees and growing, and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
This position reports to the Payroll Manager and has full responsibility for the US and Canadian payroll processing functions in a rapidly growing Finance organization. These functions include working closely with the Accounting and Employee Success teams supporting the payroll process and accounting close process. In addition, this position will work closely with the Payroll Manager on key processes and policies and the implementation of controls to drive compliance with SOX requirements.
- Collaborates with Accounting and Employee Success teams to maintain accurate payroll information by collecting, verifying with system of record, calculating, and entering data into ADP Workforce Now including new employees, terminations, LOA, transfers, promotions, bonus/commission compensation, benefit deductions and wage garnishments. Ability to run different reports that are needed for updating payroll using ADP, HR and benefits systems.
- Full responsibility for the processing of biweekly, semi-monthly and monthly, US and Canadian payrolls by established deadlines.
- Maintains payroll operations in accordance with documented SOX processes and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations and guidelines.
- Maintains Time and Attendance system and Personal Time Off leave accruals.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all employee payroll questions and provide accurate payroll information for employees and management.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality and protects payroll data.
- Registers company for newly required state and local tax accounts.
- Perform general accounting functions including creation of general ledger journal entries, and month-end close related work.
- Reconcile, analyze, and resolve questions regarding assigned general ledger accounts timely and accurately.
- Responsible for processing monthly employee expense reimbursements for North America.
- Support management in completing special projects and other tasks as assigned.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements or automation.
- Strong working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now and Excel is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance, Human Resources or a related field, CPP or equivalent relevant job experience
- Min 5 years’ relevant experience
- Knowledge of payroll, time reporting, and other HR/payroll systems, processes, regulations, and policies.
- Payroll accounting experience.
- Experience with multi-state payrolls.
- Experience and knowledgeable with Payroll Tax Laws and Regulations.
- Ability to meet deadlines as necessary and work additional hours as required.
- Excellent problem solving along with written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and passionate about the quality and accuracy of payroll.
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, environment.
Nice to Have
- Local tax experience in PA and OH.
- HR and benefit administration experience.
- Bamboo HR system experience.
- Stock payroll processing experience.
- NetSuite system experience.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
CJ helps build scalable platforms and applications while collaborating with Product Teams to brainstorm and implement unique solutions. He also maintains features after they’ve been introduced.
Back to top