Senior Manager/Director of Engineering (Vault)
Join one of the fastest growing companies in high tech. Veeva is experiencing rapid growth as the market expands for industry-specific, cloud-based software solutions. A pioneer in industry cloud, according to Forbes, 'Veeva Systems is at the heart of two explosive megatrends: the cloud and life sciences.' We build innovative SaaS solutions that include CRM, content management, and customer master data management for life sciences customers ranging from emerging biotechs to the largest global pharmaceutical companies.
Read the buzz, see our videos, and hear from our team about the innovation, people, and life at Veeva. Are you ready to innovate, inspire, thrive, and shape the future of the industry cloud? Start your best career move here...
Do you dream about leading an engineering team with the talent, passion, and financial backing to build killer, industry-changing cloud-based applications and platform? Do you live for the challenges of a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup that cranks out major releases every month?
If so, we may have the job for you. We are looking for an experienced and energetic Software Development Manager to be a hands-on and lead a fast-growing engineering team of A players who have deep experience and a passion to innovate. You will be directly responsible for growing, maturing, and leading the team to keep pace with the rapid evolution of our product suit.
- Recruit, challenge, and reward high performance individuals that deliver 10x the impact of average engineers
- Lead development efforts in short agile release cycles. Ensure absolute commitment by your team to deliver high quality product on time every release.
- Be a trusted partner for senior management to determine best solutions. Help drive alignment and implement decisions throughout your team.
- Set clear goals, hold people accountable for achieving them, celebrate success, learn from failure.
- Provide leadership in iteratively defining & refining development processes as the team grows.
- Build relationships with PM, QA, system operations, marketing, sales. Leverage those relationships to influence outcomes beyond your direct areas of ownership.
- 5+ years as a hands-on engineer developing commercial software in Java.
- 5+ years of software engineering management experience using an agile development process.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment, with little direct supervision.
- Organized and capable of managing multiple complex projects at one time.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Smart, quick learner, proactive, comfortable working with unknowns and dynamically evolving requirements.
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results.
- Proven ability to mentor, coach and lead a team to success.
- BS in science, engineering, or equivalent degree preferred
Nice to Have:
- Experience working on SaaS enterprise applications preferred.
Back to top