Senior Manager/Director of Engineering (Vault)
At 1,700 employees and growing and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are: Employee Success, Customer Success and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in- class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
Do you dream about leading an engineering team with the talent, passion, and financial backing to build killer, industry-changing cloud-based applications and platform? Do you live for the challenges of a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup that cranks out major releases every month?
If so, we may have the job for you. We are looking for an experienced, hands-on, passionate, and energetic Senior Manager/Director of Engineering to lead a fast-growing engineering team of A players. You will be directly responsible for growing, maturing, and leading the team to keep pace with the rapid evolution of our product suit.
- Recruit, challenge, and reward high performance individuals that deliver 10x the impact of average engineers.
- Lead development efforts in short Agile release cycles. Ensure absolute commitment by your team to deliver high quality product on time every release.
- Be a trusted partner for senior management to determine best solutions. Help drive alignment and implement decisions throughout your team.
- Set clear goals, hold people accountable for achieving them, celebrate success, learn from failure.
- Provide leadership in iteratively defining & refining development processes as the team grows.
- Build relationships with PM, QA, system operations, marketing, sales. Leverage those relationships to influence outcomes beyond your direct areas of ownership.
- 5+ years as a hands-on engineer developing commercial software in Java.
- 5+ years of software engineering management experience with direct reports in an Agile environment.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment, with little direct supervision.
- Organized and capable of managing multiple complex projects at one time.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Smart, quick learner, proactive, comfortable working with unknowns and dynamically evolving requirements.
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results.
- Proven ability to mentor, coach and lead a team to success.
- BS in science, engineering, or equivalent degree preferred.
- Experience working on SaaS enterprise applications preferred.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
CJ helps build scalable platforms and applications while collaborating with Product Teams to brainstorm and implement unique solutions. He also maintains features after they’ve been introduced.
Back to top