Senior Manager, Business Systems
At 1,800 employees and growing and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
The Senior Manager of Business Systems leads a team comprised of professional staff with experience in application development, support, maintenance, database administration, and project management, with a mission to achieve high levels of system availability, usability, security, and client service for Veeva’s Business Systems Applications. This role is responsible for maintaining and interfacing with vendor supplied software and consulting routinely with key business stakeholders throughout Veeva to analyze, recommend and implement solutions. This role is a member of the Information Technology leadership team, providing technical knowledge and managerial expertise, as well as assisting with the development of specific goals, prioritized actions and recommended guidelines for the optimum use and management of IT resources at Veeva. Additionally, the Senior Manager serves as a project manager and/or project team member as needed on various IT technology and research projects.
- Manage the business applications team consisting of business systems analysts, programmer analysts, and operations analysts.
- Direct the team that develops, implements, upgrades, and maintains Veeva’s Business applications. Oversees enhancements to the business applications.
- Develop and socialize the IT Applications Roadmap and oversee the implementation of the roadmap.
- Develop IT policies and procedures surrounding business system and the respective data.
- Serve as a program / project manager, as needed, on various cross functional business initiatives.
- Participate as the Business Applications Lead on the IT Architecture Council.
- Drives the Business User / IT Interlock process for prioritizing business applications across functional departments.
- Develops and implements formal change management processes for IT business applications.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of annual budgets and management of expenses in support of agreed upon operational objectives.
- Communicate with external third-party software providers and software consulting companies, as required.
- Drive the definition and implementation of IT application controls in support of SOX
- Understands when to buy vs. build
- Excellent customer (business user) facing skills
- Ability to set and manage expectations and work collaboratively with others
- Ability to develop processes and methodologies, ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Has successful track record with large scale SFDC implementations
- Demonstrates strong technical/business knowledge, requires limited direction, handles complex analysis, strong knowledge of project methodologies like Agile
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of proven track record and substantial experience as a Director or Senior Manager supporting business applications that support at least two of the following functions – Finance, HR, Engineering for enterprises with 500+ users
- In depth understanding of Financial Systems, HR Systems and Engineering Platforms
- Good understanding of data structures, data modeling, database schema
- Significant hands-on experience in project management, business analysis, documenting requirements, and driving projects from start to finish.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Highly adaptable, flexible, collaborative, and resourceful
- Work with a sense of urgency and pride
- Skilled in Excel, Word, MS Project, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Ideally possess a Master’s degree in a business, or technology discipline, and some professional education and accreditation in business analysis
- PMP certification is a plus
- Experience in hi-tech, higher education, and/or online learning
- Experience in a hyper-growth environment
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
CJ helps build scalable platforms and applications while collaborating with Product Teams to brainstorm and implement unique solutions. He also maintains features after they’ve been introduced.
Back to top