Senior Java Engineer - Big Data
At 2,000 employees and growing, and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
We’re looking for Senior Java Big Data Engineer in our commercial analytics group, focused on developing cloud based data management platform in our rapidly expanding analytics portfolio. If you’re a Java developer, comfortable developing new solutions in AWS, with strong experience in large scale big data technologies like Scala, Kafka, Parquet, Redshift – let’s talk!
We’re building a team of Big Data, Data Warehousing, Data Science experts for specialized metadata driven analytics integrated with our Life Sciences solutions. If you play well on smart teams, enjoy driving innovative solutions, and are looking for an opportunity to work with a fast growing company – seriously, let’s talk.
- Designing and developing platform for scalable, turnkey multi-tenant analytic solutions
- Integrating new technologies to support advanced analytic use cases
- Collaboration with platform peers (metadata, DB integration, UI, ETL, testing)
- Supporting customer issues and challenges in the field
- Working in a diverse environment (Java, AWS, REST, Scala)
Qualities we Value
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Seek to be positive member of collaborative team
- Creativity and a willingness to explore new technologies
- Pride in work through attention to detail
- Java + Big Data technologies
- Web Services API design and development
- Integration with Data Warehousing platforms
Nice to Have
- Scala / Akka / Kafka / Spark / MapReduce
- AWS Services (S3, Redshift, EMR, Auto-Scaling, AMI, Terraform)
- Salesforce Integration
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
CJ helps build scalable platforms and applications while collaborating with Product Teams to brainstorm and implement unique solutions. He also maintains features after they’ve been introduced.
Back to top