Senior Developer – Website Crawler (Japan)
Join one of the fastest growing companies in high tech. Veeva is experiencing rapid growth as the market expands for industry-specific, cloud-based software solutions. A pioneer in industry cloud, according to Forbes, "Veeva Systems is at the heart of two explosive megatrends: the cloud and life sciences." We build innovative SaaS solutions that include CRM, content management and customer master data management for life sciences customers ranging from emerging biotechs to the largest global pharmaceutical companies.
Read the buzz see our videos and hear from our team about the innovation, people and life at Veeva. Are you ready to innovate, inspire, thrive, and shape the future of the industry cloud? Start your best career move here…
The Senior Developer (Website Crawler) of the Veeva OpenData team is responsible for building the tools for crawling the Japan hospital and doctor information from websites, converting the consolidated required unstructured data and storing it into a structured database. You will be part of a young and exciting company that is already being recognized as a market leader in the Pharma CRM and data service space.
- Build the tools for crawling the data from websites
- Convert the consolidated required unstructured data and store it into structured database
- Study the new crawling technology and keep enhancing the crawler tool
- Work with team to update the useful information to our master database
- Proven experiences in web crawler/spider/robot/search technology, familiar with one or more crawlers such as Perl, Ruby, DataparkSearch, GUN Wget, Lucene, GRUB, Heritrix, HTTrack, ICDL, mnoGoSearch, Nutch or Seeks, to capture, convert and consolidate required unstructured data from web pages into structured database.
- Familiar with Multi-threaded downloader and Scheduler. Can query and parse data from GIS.
- Experience with SQL Server/Oracle, for SQL Script, Store Procedure
- Good conceptual, organizational and communication skills
- Strong responsibility and flexibility under work pressure
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Japanese is required
Nice to Have:
- Experience in Pharma industry
- Ability to communicate in English is preferred
Back to top