Senior Counsel, Commercial
At 1,700 employees and growing and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are: Employee Success, Customer Success and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in- class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
Veeva is seeking a senior commercial attorney to support our multi-million dollar commercial negotiations. Exposure to/familiarity with supporting technology transactions in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry is preferred. In addition, Cloud/SaaS in-house experience is advantageous. The ideal candidate can also be located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Autonomously negotiate and draft all types of customer agreements.
- Autonomously negotiate and draft all types of vendor and alliance agreements.
- Coordinate with internal and external subject matter experts, including external counsel, when needed.
- Act as resource and advisor to non-attorney contract professionals.
- Establish and maintain scalable contracting processes and templates.
- Assist with other corporate initiatives as required (e.g., M&A, litigation, employment matters).
- Licensed Attorney. Active status in a state bar.
- At least 5 years of sell-side, SaaS contracting experience with Fortune 500 enterprise software buyers.
- Competence in legal/commercial terms relevant to SaaS contracts – e.g., data privacy, security, performance SLAs.
- Technical competence to discuss contractual issues re SLAs, performance, disaster recovery, etc. with internal production/hosting/dev resources.
- Technical competence to spot revenue recognition issues in SaaS agreements and coordinate resolution with internal finance resources.
- Demeanor/gravitas needed to negotiate with sophisticated purchasing and legal teams (including outside counsel).
- Experience managing a small team is a plus.
- Spanish or Brazilian Portuguese fluency
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
Samhita ensures that each web application integration or infrastructure the company chooses to build and create is scalable, efficient, and meets direct client and consumer needs
Back to top