At 1,900 employees and growing, and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are Employee Success, Customer Success, and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
This position reports to the Accounting Manager and is responsible for key areas of the accounting function in a rapidly growing Finance organization. These functions include supporting the monthly and quarterly accounting close process and working closely with International Accounting Team to create accurate and timely consolidated financial reporting. In addition, this position will work closely with the Accounting Manager on key processes and policies and the implementation of controls to drive compliance with SOX requirements, effective management reporting and to help support quarterly reviews and the annual audit.
- Perform general accounting functions, including operation of the general ledger system, journal entries, month-end close and account flux analysis.
- Manage and consolidate worldwide fixed asset ledgers and prepare rollforward schedules to support footnotes disclosure for 10Q/10K.
- Reconcile, analyze, and resolve questions regarding assigned general ledger accounts timely and accurately.
- Reconcile multi-currency inter-company transactions and support monthly financial consolidation process.
- Participate in the external audit process, with specific focus on collecting key financial and accounting data.
- Assistance with development, maintenance and documentation of all policies and procedures related to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Collaborate with business partners to effectively deploy new operating processes and controls.
- Support management in completing special projects and other tasks as assigned.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements or automation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5 – 7 years relevant experience
- Strong understanding of current US GAAP accounting.
- Ability to meet deadlines as necessary and work additional hours as required.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Must be able to interact effectively with all levels.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Highly proficient in MS office applications: Word, Excel, Power Point
- Excellent attention to detail and follow up skills.
Nice to Have
- CPA, or experience from Big 4 preferred.
- Software industry experience a plus
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Meet Some of Veeva's Employees
CJ helps build scalable platforms and applications while collaborating with Product Teams to brainstorm and implement unique solutions. He also maintains features after they’ve been introduced.
Back to top