Release Manager (Vault)
At 1,700 employees and growing and consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are: Employee Success, Customer Success and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in- class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward, and no fuss.
Are you passionate about working as part of a software engineering team with the talent, energy, and financial backing to deliver killer, industry-changing cloud-based applications? Do you live for the challenges of a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup that cranks out major releases every four months?
If so, we may have the job for you. We are looking for an experienced and energetic Release Manager. You will be directly responsible for driving release logistics for our Vault product, working closely with our cross-functional product teams located in Pleasanton, CA and Toronto, Canada offices. Veeva Vault is the fastest growing product in the Veeva Suite of products used in the Pharmaceutical /Life Sciences industry and we strive to deliver customer success with each new release.
This position requires a highly organized person with good people skills who can ensure on-time and quality SaaS application delivery for a high impact customer experience.Responsibilities
- Manage an energetic release team in all release and personnel activities
- Drive release delivery for major, minor and patch software releases
- Coordinate release activities across functional areas (Product Mgmt, Dev, QA, Tech Ops, Support) ensuring releases complete successfully within announced maintenance windows
- Host release checkpoint meetings driving clear outcomes (Go, No-Go), action items, and follow-up
- Be the voice of quality during QA week, meeting with QA managers on release status and ensure release dependencies are surfaced, understood and associated risks are appropriately managed
- Ensure release related defect tracking system updates are made with audit level accuracy/completeness
- Drive change request process ensuring proper approvals and evidence are captured for all releases
- BS in science, engineering, or equivalent degree
- 3+ years as a Release Manager within a software development team
- Ability to motivate people to action, think on your feet, and drive to closure
- Ability to multi-task to progress parallel release streams concurrently
- Ability to compose written communications in English that will be readily understood by people where English is a second language
- Strong understanding of software engineering practices
- Excellent balance of people, organizational, facilitation, technical and communication skills
- Experience working on SaaS enterprise applications preferred
- Experience with Linux OS and continuous integration processes using Jenkins
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Back to top