At 1,500 employees strong and growing, along with consistently strong financials (NYSE:VEEV), Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative enterprise cloud solutions for some of the world’s largest pharmas and biotechs, and we need great people like you to make it happen.
Our Culture & People
Our core values are: Employee Success, Customer Success and Speed. We are innovators, collaborators and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. It’s genuine, straight-forward and no fuss.
Where You’ll Be Working
Last year we purchased and moved into a brand new 140,000 sq. ft. building in Pleasanton, CA. Sure we have the perks of a typical Silicon Valley tech company -- game room, happy hours, unlimited time off -- but we also pride ourselves on our commitment to health & wellness. We have an in-house culinary crew who prepare free, healthy lunches every day, on-site yoga and fitness classes, weekly meditation, tai-chi and healthy snacks.
Are you passionate about working as part of a software engineering team with the talent, energy, and financial backing to deliver killer, industry-changing cloud-based applications? Do you live for the challenges of a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup that cranks out major releases every four months?
If so, we may have the job for you. We are looking for an experienced and energetic Release Manager. You will be directly responsible for driving release logistics for our multi-platform product, working closely with our cross-functional product teams co-located in our Pleasanton, CA office. Veeva Multi-channel CRM is the most widely used CRM application in the Pharmaceutical /Life Sciences industry and we strive to deliver customer success with each new release.
This position requires a highly organized person with good people skills who can ensure on-time and quality SaaS application delivery for a high impact customer experience. This is a “hands-on role” focused on managing software releases and does not have any direct people management responsibilities as part of the role.
- Drive release delivery for major and patch software releases across multiple platforms (i.e. online, Windows, iPad, iPhone, etc.) for the Multi-channel CRM product suite
- Coordinate release activities across functional areas (Product Mgmt, Dev, QA, Tech Ops, Support) ensuring releases complete successfully within announced maintenance windows
- Host release checkpoint meetings driving clear outcomes (Go, No-Go, Go-Contingent), action items, and follow-up
- Write and distribute release notifications to customer and Veeva internal audiences
- Ensure release related defect tracking system updates are made with audit level accuracy/completeness
- Drive change request process ensuring proper approvals and evidence are captured for all releases
- Ensure release dependencies are surfaced, understood and associated risks are appropriately managed
- Act as project manager for technical projects like upgrades/changes to production technical infrastructure
- BS in science, engineering, or equivalent degree
- 3+ years as a Release Manager within a software development team
- Ability to motivate people to action, think on your feet, and drive to closure
- Ability to multi-task to progress parallel release streams concurrently
- Ability to compose written communications in English that will be readily understood by people where English is a second language
- Strong understanding of software engineering practices
- Excellent balance of people, organizational, facilitation, technical and communication skills
- Experience working on SaaS enterprise applications preferred
- Experience with salesforce.com and force.com platform
Back to top