Join one of the fastest growing companies in high tech! Veeva was named among the top fastest growing public technology companies on Forbes’ annual Fast Tech 25 list. We build innovative SaaS solutions that include CRM, content management, and customer master data management for life sciences customers.
Follow us on Instagram @veevasystems or Twitter @VeevaCareers and read the buzz, see our videos, and hear from our team about the innovation, people, and #lifeatveeva. Are you ready to innovate, inspire, and shape the future of the industry cloud? Make your best career move here!
Veeva is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and experienced Release Engineer to be a part of our strong release engineering team. This person will help improve our build/deployment tools and processes, support our technology teams at Veeva with various environments and be responsible for 50+ customer releases a year!! The Veeva CRM Team is team-oriented and works collaboratively to deliver high quality SaaS CRM product across multiple platforms (Unix/Linux, iOS and Windows). If you are highly motivated, a quick learner and desire to make big contributions, than look no further.
- Work cross-functionally with teams including QA, Engineering, PM and Operations.
- Release branching and troubleshooting build issues.
- Capture and build product source code.
- Deploy and coordinate releases, patches/fixes, and updates to all Veeva CRM environments while adhering to our Engineering policies and guidelines.
- Support and improve our tools for continuous build environment, automated testing and release management.
- Own, manage and improve our release process. Focus on scale and efficiency.
- Drive iOS, Windows .NET and Java web application builds.
- Maintain and update build deployment scripts to support environment technology and configuration changes.
- Support and maintain build automation for various environments, including the Veeva CRM Continuous Integration infrastructure.
- Coordinate configuration changes for various environments.
- Add to online documentation of release process and knowledge base.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering or/and release engineering.
- Strong familiarity with source code version control systems; Git experience highly desired.
- Expert understanding of merging, branching, versioning, labeling, and managing the release of production code.
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux, iOS and Windows 8 / 10 platforms.
- Knowledge of SQL programming.
- Skill with one or more scripting languages, Shell and Python experience highly desired.
- Experience with Continuous Integration Tools; Jenkins highly desired.
- Experience automating release and build processes.
- Self-starter with strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of JIRA.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Solid understanding of SQA processes.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com
- Maven Experience
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools (i.e. Chef and / or Puppet)
- Test automation experience
- Knowledge of Java programming
Back to top